Sutton Council are offering free grit to residents and local businesses for the fifth year running.
Each household or local business can collect 10kg of free grit courtesy of Sutton Council to use on footpaths, pavements or roads in front of their homes or business premises.
They can also collect grit for their elderly friends and neighbours or residents/local businesses who don’t have cars.
Proof of residency for any resident or local business is required in order to collect the grit.
By collecting and using grit appropriately our residents help the borough keep moving and help the gritting team reach the places in the borough that are hard to reach with the gritting lorries.
The free grit can be collected on the following weekends:
· Saturday 22 & Sunday 23 and Saturday 29 & Sunday 30 November
· Saturday 6 & Sunday 7 and Saturday 13 & Sunday 14 December *
It is available at:
· B&Q, Carshalton Road, Sutton: 7am – 5pm Saturday, 10am – 4pm Sunday
· Woodcote Green Garden Centre & Nurseries, Woodmansterne Lane: 8.30am – 5pm Saturday, 10am – 4.30pm Sunday (*please note the grit is not available from this site on 13 & 14 December).
· Clockhouse, The Green at the Mount: 9am – 3pm Saturday and Sunday
· Kimpton Park Way Reuse and Recycle Centre: 9am – 5pm Saturday, 9am – 2pm Sunday
Please take a suitable bag or container to collect the grit at Kimpton Park Way. Grit at the other locations will be ready bagged.
B&Q are offering 10% off the cost of a snow shovel when you collect your grit from them – subject to availability and closing date of Sunday 14 December 2014.
Elderly or disabled residents who currently receive an assisted bin collection can have the grit delivered to them. Please call 020 8770 5070.